I have been repairing and modifying the PS3 since around 2008. I have also been a part of the psdevwiki community, helping people downgrade their PS3s.
I have also developed validation software for the PS3 and PS4 (BwE NOR Validator) which is still used today (See the Downloads page). Some of my repair software is on GitHub, so check it out!
I repair using professional reworking equipment and all of my parts are taken from original consoles (so nothing fake). All of my repairs can be done overnight if not on the spot!
Hey! Don't forget I can also fix other non PlayStation PCB's, so if you have somehow destroyed your car's ECU, I can have a look!
Like what I do?
Buy me a coffee
Basically, your PS3 or PS4 cannot turn on but has a light these are your options...
- Hot Air Reflow* to APU/RSX chip, Liquid Flux & Arctic 5 thermal paste: $100
- IR Reflow* to APU/RSX chip, AMTEL flux, Arctic 5 thermal paste, New thermal adhesive & 6 Month warranty: $150
- IR Reball (Or Replacement) of APU/RSX chip, AMTEL flux, Arctic 5 thermal paste, Leaded Solder & 1-2 Year warranty: $200
- If issue is not caused by APU/RSX (Software/Other Chip): $100-200
These above repairs require an upfront payment of $50 (Deducted from the total)
*Reflow implies that the solder will become liquidous (melted completely).
Other Services (Including Installation):
- Clean out and replace solder paste of Laptop/PS3/PS4
- Backup/Flash & Replace HDD PCB (For PC HDD Repair)
- Anything not listed, relating to Playstation consoles (Or any random soldering work)
- I can provide console parts in bulk to other repairers or hobbyists
Below are a list of my recommended files for jailbreaking your PS4, have fun and enjoy!
If you don't know how to use these, please don't...
Applications Developed By Better Way Electronics:
BwE PS4 NOR Validator v1.4.1 (Updated 1/3/19) (Archive Password: BwE)
BwE PS4 WiFi-BT Patcher & Extractor v1.3.4 (Updated 1/3/19) (Archive Password: BwE)
BwE PS4 NOR Comparator v1.2 (Updated 2/3/19) (Archive Password: BwE)
BwE PS4 NOR Statistics v1.1 (Updated 22/12/18) (Archive Password: BwE)